Today’s technology allows hearing aids to be used as Bluetooth earphones. Accessories will allow you to wirelessly stream sound from your TV, cellphone, landline phone and other devices. Each hearing aid manufacturer makes their own brand specific accessories, but some can be used across manufactures. We invite you to our offices for a complimentary accessories consultation. Make an appointment to find out what will work with your gear!
- Wireless accessories: Bluetooth technology allows your hearing aids to communicate with a variety of devices wirelessly for improved hearing in situations with considerable background noise. Wireless microphones, remotes and television headsets can all help keep your attention focused while limiting excessive background distraction.
- Transmitters and receivers: Transmitters and receivers can be paired up in situations where distance, reverberation and background noise are distractions. These are popular in educational settings like classrooms, and can enhance your learning experience.
- Assistive Listening Devices (ALDs): ALDs and personal amplifiers give you an edge in situations where distance from the speaker or sound source is an issue. A microphone amplifies the volume of the sound reaching your ears; helpful during lectures, church services and in movie theaters or auditoriums.
- Wax filters: Earwax filters help protect your hearing aids from earwax, which can accumulate and cause damage to electronic components.
- Cleaning kits: Cleaning kits come with a variety of tools designed to keep your hearing aids in excellent working condition. These include wax removal brushes and picks, tube and vent cleaners, and magnets for replacing batteries.
- Dry boxes: These dehumidifying boxes are great for individuals who spend time in more humid climates or have more active lifestyles. By storing your hearing devices in a dry box, you can help prevent moisture-related damage.
- Batteries: Hearing aid batteries usually last no longer than 10 days at best. It’s a good idea to have a ready supply on hand so you won’t have to worry about missing out on something important should they die unexpectedly.